Oh, happy day!! Never in my wildest dreams did I think this would happen!! 🙂
The “ping” sound of a new message in the inbox made me look. I saw there was a new blog post by a new favorite of mine and the title of it was, “And the award goes to…” My first thought was, “Yay!! Someone gave her an award!!” and I proceeded to check it out.
Krystal (aka Unabashedly Poetic) had followed the instructions for the various awards she had received and had made a list of 10 bloggers she wanted to nominate. I skimmed over the list, clicking on a few of the links to see who see likes to read, then went back to the list and saw a smiley face next to one… “Birdie, the hard boiled egg“.
She nominated me… not for one or two awards, but four!! 😀
And since I will have a chance to say a thing or two about Krystal later, let’s move on to the main event! 🙂
1. Describe yourself in seven words. Weird, Bi-lingual, Happy, Musical, Affectionate, Smiley, Empathetic
2. What keeps you up at night? Thoughts of my future, worrying about my loved ones or a mind full of really, REALLY good daydreams! (Or would they be called “nightdreams” when they happen at night?) 🙂
3. Whom would you like to be? Well, to be honest, I’m happy being the person I am!
4. What are you wearing now? Black sock, blue jeans, a blue long-sleeve shirt with white stripes and black & white fuzzy slippers. (Yes, I live in Japan!🙂 )
5. What scares you? Falling, losing loved ones, not being able to say words of farewell…
6. What are the best and worst things about blogging? Best thing: Writing and sharing all these thoughts which swirl around in my head. Worst thing: Sometimes feeling pressed for time on days when the work schedule is extremely busy.
7. What was the last website you looked at? The Zama Alumni Association website (A site for the school I attended… I’m privileged to be a part of the team working on the site with special people.)
8. If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be? I’d like to be less of a worry wart.
9. Slankets, yes or no? Well, since I have no idea what a slanket is, let me look it up. ** A few moments later ** Mmm, no. Comfy ole blankets and throws don’t need any other competition. 🙂
10. Tell us something about the person who tagged you: She is like a bright ray of sunshine breaking through the clouds on a gray day! Her words put a smile on your face and her positivity is infectious. (Could be because she’s very happily engaged. 🙂 ) And her stepmom went to a rival school of mine here in Japan… small, small world! Please check out her blog: Unabashedly Poetic
Krystal, thank you so much for the nomination! I hope there is a day when I can repay your kindness in full! 🙂
Now for the 10 bloggers I’d like to nominate:
- About the Authors: Pete the Popcorn
- Monkey Chatter
- You Have My Word
- At Least We Made It This Far…
- Life in the Boomer Lane
- The Curvy Spine
- Air Cooled Underware
- Classic Confusion
- Some Summer Sunday
These nominations are for this award and for the three awards listed below. (Apologies to those of you who have already been nominated for these awards before… just wanting to share and show some love!) And if I read Krystal’s words correctly, the nominees are automatically winners of all the awards on this page! Congratulations… or “Omedetou gozaimasu!” in Japanese. 🙂
Second Award: The Sunshine Award – Rules: Thank the person who gave you the award. Write a post about it. Answer the questions that come with it. Pass it along to ten people and let them know they’ve received the award. (The nominees are listed above.)
Favorite Color: Purple
Favorite Animal: Otter
Favorite Number: Eighteen
Favorite Non-Alcoholic Drink: Water
Facebook or Twitter: Both, but probably use Facebook more often.
My Passion: All things music!! 🙂
Getting or Giving Presents: Definitely giving! It’s priceless to see the emotions which spread across people’s faces when they open a gift!
Favorite Pattern: Smileys (Is that considered a pattern?)
Favorite Day of the Week: Tuesday
Favorite Flower: African Violets
“Liebster” is a German word which means dearest, favorite or beloved. How touching it is to be thought of in this way! 🙂
Fourth Award: The Candle Lighter Award – To learn more about this award, please click on the following link: Believe Anyway
Such a happy day, all thanks to Krystal! And once again, please take a moment to check out her blog, Unabashedly Poetic. You’ll be glad you did!! 🙂